The Top Five Ultimate Game-Making Plays Of History
Let’s take a look at the top five game-making plays in the history of football.
5. Scott Norwood misses a field goal wide right. The field goal would have given the Buffalo Bills the victory over the New York Giants in the Super Bowl. The Bills made it to four straight Super Bowls and lost them all.
4. Dwight Clark catches a touchdown for the San Fransisco 49′ers to give them a win over the Dallas Cowboys and Super Bowl Birth. The pass was thrown by Hall of Fame Quarterback Joe Montana.
3. The fumble by Ernest Byner of the Cleveland Browns when he was about to score against the Denver Broncos in a playoff game. John Elway then went on to drive the Broncos down the field to score a touchdown and get a Super Bowl birth.
2. The Music City Miracle. Kevin Tyson took a lateral 75 yards down to field with no time left on the clock to give the Tennessee Titans a Super Bowl birth.
1. The Immaculate Reception. Franco Harris of the Pittsburgh Steelers caught a ball that had been deflected and ran it in for a touchdown. The Steelers would go on to beat the Oakland Raiders and go on to win the Super Bowl.More info here: Pittsburgh Steelers: All-Time Greatest Teams That Didn’t Win the Super Bowl